|Real Marigold Hotel for Silver Travellers
Come and experience a unique retirement travel experience – as featured on the forthcoming BBC One ‘Real Marigold Hotel’ Series 2.
Kerala and Marari Villas are wonderful places for ’Silver Travellers’ who want to enjoy a travel experience with great food, interesting and varied culture, winter sun and options for medical tourism.
We offer all the benefits of a private holiday home, combined with the services of a top hotel, whenever you want them. Each of our fully ‘Serviced Villas’ has 5 staff, so you can just ring the bell and we will arrange everything for you: cleaning, cooking, shopping, local and long-distance travel and concierge services.
Contact us with your preferences from the list below and we will tailor a package especially for you (for 7 nights stay or more):
- Ayurveda massages, yoga and meditation for all ages, tailored to the individual – these can greatly reduce aches and pains and help rejuvenate the body and mind
- Wonderful beach walks and village cycling for fitness – enjoy the calm and beauty of the coast and local villages
- Great affordable and professional healthcare and medical / health tourism – visit ‘Aster MedCity’ for affordable 5* private healthcare and low cost medication, e.g. Rs.350 (approximately £4) for a specialist consultation! Or visit a specialist private dental clinic or optician.
- Delicious South Indian food – visit one of our local markets with our chef and follow it up with a south Indian cookery class
- Outings such as shopping, sight-seeing, cultural tours etc. – be assured that a
- Malayalam language classes for beginners – stimulate the mind bylearning some of the local language
- Visits to various charitable enterprises – there are a large number of local charities and projects where your visit (and skills and support, if you wanted) would be really appreciated e.g. ‘Hope Community Village’
- Various Kerala travel options – we can arrange packages such as Thekkady (Periyar Wildlife Reserve), Munnar (tea plantations), houseboat cruise, Fort Cochin, etc. in a luxury air conditioned vehicle, with an English speaking driver/guide
- Explore the business and commercial city of Cochin – (1 hour drive from Marari Beach) and experience Lulu Mall and Hypermarket, French Toast, Cocoa Tree and Milano Ice Cream. Yes, you can get croissants, cheese, beef, Italian gelato and wonderful cakes in India, not just delicious curries!
- Experience the large Christian community that is unique to Kerala – attend a local mass or just visit historic churches (e.g. Seven and a Half Churches of St. Thomas the Apostle or ‘Ezharappallikal’)
- Visit Muslim mosques and Hindu temples – Kerala is wonderfully diverse with its various religious groups coexisting peacefully
- Connections from Alleppey / Cochin by train or plane – to the rest of India, or on to the Far East, New Zealand or Australia!
There are easy and affordable flight options to Cochin from Europe on the world’s best airlines, with a stopover in Dubai (Emirates) / Doha (Qatar Airways) / Abu Dhabi (Etihad) / Mumbai (British Airways / Virgin Atlantic / Jet Airways). These are safe and comfortable for Silver Travellers (in groups, couples or alone) and there is good support for those with disabilities at Indian airports. Of course, we can arrange for all transfers with our calm and safe English-speaking driver.
We look forward to welcoming you at beautiful Marari Beach for an inspiring tailored travel experience.